Friday, November 30, 2007

Wasting Time

I feel as though i've been having the worst luck lately. It took me a lot of hard work and dedication, BUT I finally made it thru school and was ready for my first massage job. So, I get hired at this place that is being built and the owner KNEW that this was my first job and that I was very new into the profession. She KNEW all of this. She told me that I had "a good touch" and that she would like to do a trade or two with me. So fast forward a month and a half about three weeks after our opening. As a new MT out there, I felt really good and was feeling like I definentely picked the right career this time. I was making people feel good and also enjoyed doing it. So right around this time my boss takes me aside telling me that a few people say that I seem like a novice. Okay, well I am a novice so that's alright I guess that they think that. I might not be the best at clinical because that is not something that I have been trained in and am learning that all on my own. Anyway, to make a long story short, my job was basically in jeopardy at this point. All for something that basically, in my opinion, should have never been a question because the fact that i was new was already out there. So anyway, fast forward another week. My boss calls me on the phone and tells me that she has to give my shifts away. The reasoning being was that I "don't have enough experience". And what really pisses me off about that is that I waited almost two months for this place to open and wasn't looking for a job. So now i've wasted two months of my life basically doing nothing when I could have been looking for something that maybe could have lasted. This is what really upsets me about the whole thing. I wasted months of my life making NO money when I could have made some elsewhere. Now there's only 6 months til the wedding/honeymoon and i'm jobless. How fabulous, right???
So this whole week, i've been searching the internet for jobs and basically come up with nothing. Hopefully something decent will come along so that the last 6 months of me living here are not hell. Anyway, if anyone knows of anything keep me posted!

No comments: