Sunday, September 7, 2008

Finally, Motivated!!



Ever since my friend came to visit and had me her help make our delicious dinner, i've been a lot more motivated to REALLY learn to cook well. I wouldn't say that i'm a horrible cook. I'd just say that I just don't always like to take the time it should take to make a good meal. However..i'm trying to turn over a new leaf and become a good cook. I'm living with the best cook i've ever met, so you'd think that i'd be better than I am. Haha.
The other night I tried to recreate what Caitlin and I made that night. It was a pasta dish that had some veggies, and olive oil was the sauce. I felt really proud of myself prepping all of the vegetables and onions and so on. Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to "normal" people, but to me it was totally exciting!! The food turned out really well actually and so that has made me want to learn how to make more things.
Tonight Amir made a eggplant and tofu dish, that didn't look all the complicated. The hardest part will probably be making the tofu. Yes, it's true that i'm a vegetarian and have been for 9 years. In all this time i've only made tofu like two of three times. I never really knew what to do with it. However, that will all be changing soon.
Last night Amir and I were going to Ihop, and right when we were pulling into it he realized that he forgot his peanut butter (he can't eat pancakes w/o it). So we stopped in this grocery store right next to Ihop to get some. The place was amazing!!! I felt as though I was at a produce market, however, they also had regular groceries too. This place has the most inexpensive produce i've seen in years maybe. There were fruits and some veggies that i've never seen or even heard of before. The whole time we were in there I felt as though I was on air! Some people go to a club to have fun, but me and amir can do that in a grocery store! When I was younger I said that i'd meet my husband in a grocery store. That actually happened.
So anyway, i'm just a lot more excited to cook. When I have kids I want to be able to make them fabulous meals and not just be able to make pasta in 10 different ways. It'd be cool if they bragged to their friends about how much better a cook I am then their moms'. Haha. There is one thing I really am wanting/needing before I really start getting into the cooking thing: an apron from Anthropologie. You've gotta have a cute apron when you're cooking right??
If there is any one that reads this that has any good vegetarian recipes let me know.

No comments: