Friday, November 27, 2009

The Secret is Almost Out

This week is the big week!! This week we get to find out the sex of our little one. I'm pretty excited about this because i'm ready to start calling it by name and not it anymore. It's a bit hard to believe that in 3 days I am already gonna be 20 weeks pregnant. My belly is still not all that big. Although I can definitely tell a difference mostly in everything I wear. Things that used to be a bit lose or fit just right are becoming a little snug these days. I'll be needing to invest in a new winter coat soon because of this same situation. Unfortunately, I still don't feel as though I really "look" pregnant. If you didn't know me, you'd just assume that I had a not super in shape set of abs. Or maybe, if you do know me,but hadn't seen me in a while you may just think the same thing. Amir said that because i'm a little self conscious of looking fat, that he'd make me a shirt that says "i'm pregnant, not fat"..just to make me feel better about myself. I'm probably a little insane about this whole gaining weight thing especially since so far i've really only gained like 10 pounds. However, it's all about the baby is what I just keep telling myself.
Aside from the whole weight ordeal, i've been feeling alright this second trimester. At the beginning of this trimester I was still feeling pretty run down and drained, but lately i've been feeling more energy coming on which is great! Heartburn has become my new frenemy. I have been told that the more heartburn you have the more hair your child will have, so we'll see if this is true. I'm not sure how the two coincide, but that would be interesting if it were the case. With Amir's head of hair, I wouldn't doubt it at all.
I think that I may have felt a kicking or "fluttering", but since I have no idea what it feels like i'm not sure. However, I have once in a while been feeling a little something down there, so that just might be what it is. If so, then that's pretty amazing. The whole kicking this kind of excites me and makes me a little nervous all at once, but i'm taking this whole thing all one day at a time and trying to enjoy being pregnant. Trying to savour every minute of it. Trying to read up on as much as I can and be as prepared as I can for next spring.
There will be more photos coming before too long. I've been wanting to start showing a bit more before I did more just so that there is more of a difference. So stay tuned for that.

No comments: