Wednesday, October 10, 2007

the last day....

this morning i'm riding on the L knowing that this is the last day of work forever at Equinox and it makes me smile a bit...on the L ride here I had a strange thought. CTA has been doing a ton of construction on the tracks basically everywhere so much of the time we are moving painfully slow. today were had just gotten underground...we basically stopped moving and then moved about an inch, then stop, then move another inch, then stop....this happened for maybe 30 seconds..however, in those 30 seconds i had a thought ...what if we are not moving so slowly because of the construction..what if the L had gotten stuck on the track and couldn't move and we were trapped underground?? i thought about this for a second and then made myself think of something else....i mean, we are pretty far underground and you just never know what could happen which is quite a horrible feeling....but such is life...i guess that basically anything could happen anywhere...just try and be somewhat prepared when shit happens but try not to dwell on it too much in everyday life...
the good thing about my ride to work today was that i knew that it would be my last....this job wasn't horrible...but it wasn't my favorite..i'm used to fast paced jobs where you are constantly being harrassed by the customer..however, at my job now all i do is sit at a computer for what seems like years sometimes with NOTHING happening for hours...it can be extremely boring and i have to use all of my energy to stay awake most of the time....i do like the internet but ths is killing it for me...i lasted about a month here which was the longest i'd hoped to be here til i found my future massage job which i have..yay!!
my massage license is in the mail as we speak..hopefully will be getting it by Friday...took A LOT less time than me and everyone else had anticipated which is wonderful....NOW i can start saving some honeymoon money...amir will be so thrilled

No comments: