Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Meeting the Midwife

So i'm a bit behind on writing this, as i've been in my own world lately. I wanted to still write and talk about how I have a new doctor. A midwife to be exact. From all that i've been reading i've just really been wanting to find a midwife because if I were to find the right one, they would be on the same birth wavelength that I am.
When I got to her office I noticed something so great about the office decore. They had an entire bulletin board set up of photos of babies and their mothers. It was so great to see that. Such a bulletin board of happiness and recognition. The place had a much warmer feeling to it than did the place I had previously gone to. Soon I was brought to a room and the midwife pretty quickly after came in. She came in and introduced herself with a warm greeting and immediately told me congratulations. As soon as I met her and we started talking I felt completely comfortable with her. I started asking her questions from my page long list and she was happy and gracious to answer every single one of them. Something that I really loved was that i'd ask her one question and she'd answer like 3 or 4 of them in just one response. Her answers were corresponded very much with what i'm wanting for my birth, and it didn't take me long to decide that she would be the one. I left the office so happy that I had made an appointment to meet her and that I had a midwife who seemed as though she actually cared about my well being.
That was the first time since I first went to the doctor the first month that i've actually begun to feel good about the birth of this baby. I think that we are going to be okay.

No comments: