Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not much happening in this hood








So I haven't had much to write about lately which is the reason for going so long without a post. Lately i've been a bit sad that Amir and I have no real friends where we live. I am for sure enjoying being married, but I just wish that we had some friends in this area. I see all of these photos and hear stories of people that I know who are having so much fun going to parties, having drinks, going on nice city walks and then I think of me and Amir. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for everything that I have and that i've been given because I have more than some. I do get a bit down sometimes because I feel lonely here. There is still that thought in my mind that I want to move to California to the nice weather and the beautiful scenery, but I somehow try and talk myself out of it everytime because it's so expensive and I don't know how we'd start a family there. Then I have the other idea to move to the Ottawa/Marseilles area because i'd love to be closer to my family, but there really is nothing to do out there. If we wanted to go to a good restaurant we'd basically be driving an hour to where we live now. So i'm kind of in a weird place in my life right now. I thought that things were weird/scary when I first got out of college and didn't really know what I wanted to do. Now I know what my career is, but I just dont' know where I want the rest of my life to take place. I guess i'm still young and don't have to know right now. Hopefully the next place we go, there are some awesome friends waiting there for us. I put some photos up that I took recently when we were in the city. Hope everyone's good!

No comments: