Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the Making




It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that today is election day. I'm SO nervous to see what the outcome of this day is going to be. It seems like by this time tomorrow we are either gonna be embracing change or taking a step in the same direction that we've been going for the last 8 years. I pray to god that doesn't happen. It's been an interesting campaign. There were some people that I specifically chose to not talk to about it all because no matter what you told them they were not gonna change their mind. Then there were the people who didn't do the research, but listened to what their friends were telling them therefore, it was truth. These people are dangerous because they were/are putting false information out there. However, the good thing about this campaign was that it really got people talking. It really got people out there working for a purpose, and united. Well, on the Obama side anyway.
I have been supporting Obama for a while now. I was lucky enough to see him in person in my hometown. He was running for the Illnois Senate seat and so he was doing a bus tour and stopped in my SMALL hometown to let us all know what he was about. He even went door to door handing out pamphlets about himself which I really thought showed how real he was. It was at that point I knew that he would be something great. The way that he spoke was so eloquent and everything that he was saying was what I was thinking. And now he HOPEFULLY is going to be elected President.
Tonight's gonna be a long night as Amir and I wait up to see what's going on with the results. I will be going to cast my vote when Amir gets home from work in a few hours and i'm really hoping that my vote is gonna be helping to make something great.
Everyone must go vote today and if you know what's good for you and the country you live, vote OBAMA!
One last thing, if you are voting in California..PLEASE vote No on Prop 8

No comments: