Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Moving On







I decided to step out of my comfort zone today and go to a cardio class at the gym. The past few weeks i've been going to a yoga/pilates class and really been enjoying it. In order to really get to the next level in my workout i'm gonna have to start going to these classes every week or i'm just gonna pretty much plateau where I am and not really get anywhere. I've been working out consistently since 2003 and have done a really good job of losing the weight that I really was wanting to lose. Once you are almost there and don't have as much to lose it starts getting a lot harder. Thus, the classes that i'm starting to take.
It's sad to say, but in the first 10 min of this class I was ready to sit down. Unfortunately, when I got to the gym I realized that I had forgotten my water bottle, which wasn't a good thing. It was a jammed pack class with a lot of middle aged suburban women and a few elderly ladies, and a few people that were probably my age. However, at times, I felt as though some of these older ladies were in better shape than I was. It was an hour long, very intensive class and even though it seemed to go by fairly quick, there were times, when I just wanted it to just be over. That's when you know that you're being worked. Crazy, but i've not had a workout that hard in a very long time, and I will be going back next week. When I finally get to the point in this class where I don't feel as though i'm gonna die, then i'll know that i'm building up my endurance.
My goal from all of this is to get some more definition on my abdominal muscles and also, lose a few more pounds. I'm feeling pretty good about where i'm at with my weight right now, but winter is coming and I want to make sure that I get through it alright. When I say alright, what I mean is that I don't want to be putting on any extra pounds for "insulation". That's what we wear coats and hats for. Seems like quite a few people around here use that as an excuse to eat all of those holiday cookies and cakes. Not I!
Anyway, winter is here and i'm feeling it's wrath. It has even snowed a little bit already. I'm missing California even more now, than what I already do.
Last week I was motivated to take a few photos of myself so that's what you're seeing up there. Take care!

No comments: