Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Goals, New State of Mind

Since today is the last day we have in 2009, I wanted to reflect back on some of the good things that have happened in the past year. The year's end has been anything but happy and i'm definitely ready to step into 2010 with full force. However, before this year ends i'd really like to go out on a somewhat positive note. Here are some of the positive things that have happened in the past year worth mentioning:

- I was able to visit a few new places this year and explore the US a bit more
- Celebrated 1 glorious year of being married to a lovely man
- Our oldest fur baby celebrated his 12th birthday by enjoying Amir's homemade dog food cake
- Amir and I enjoyed a lovely trip to California, saw some dear friends and visited some beautiful sites
- Even though it didn't work out, I got pregnant for the first time
- Became more confident in my massage ability
- Found out when i'm face with a tough decision in a high stress situation, I can make it
- Discovered what I really want out of life

Some things I hope for in 2010:

- I hope to pick up my camera more and get more into photography
- Focus on being more independent jobwise
- Move to a place where we are surrounded by good friends
- To be happy
- Get certified in pregnancy massage, possibly certified as a doula
- Learn to become a better cook
- Read more books and learn more
- Turn the tv a little less

Even in the midst of all the insanity i've been thrown, i'm trying to move forward and make my life better than it was a year ago. This is probably something that we should do every year, think about what can make our lives and ourselves better. Therefore, if there is ever a child in our lives we'll be fully ready to welcome her/him into our positive enviroment and happy life. Happy New Year !

No comments: