Friday, January 15, 2010

Going Through the Motions

Lately, i've been finding it hard to move on with my life. I've been doing some things that I used to do before and even when I was pregnant like going to work and the gym, but I feel as though i'm just going through the motions. I go to work because I need money. I go to the gym because I want to lose this pregnancy weight, but I don't really care about either of them. It's strange to me to be living the life I used to live before all of this happened. Back when I felt as though everything was alright. Now all I want to really do is pick up and move.
Living in the apartment that I lived in before all of this happened is just not what I want to be doing. I feel like so much has happened in this place that I need to get out of here and start fresh . It's as though i'm living my old life, but now I feel like a completely different person, and the old life doesn't fit me as well as it used to.
I don't meant to complain or not try to move on from everything because I know that I have to, but it's just hard when everything else in my life has stayed the same. Some people may find it comforting to go back to the places they went before to see comforting faces and get that sense of familiarity. However, at this point for me, I look at is as, this is what I did before the loss of my child so it's hard not to think about that while i'm there. It's hard to go back to work, where I was working when I find out I was pregnant. It's difficult to see all of the people I work with and see the looks in their eyes as they look at me. None of them say much because i'm sure they don't know what to say.
I don't really have much of a choice for the next 4 months until our lease is up, but when it is Amir and I are going to be making some major changes in our lives that we will welcome greatly.

1 comment:

Amir_Alexander said...

Mel,
you are such a sweetie. I am so fortunate to have you as my wife.