Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving Forward

Today was my first day back at work in 5 1/2 weeks and it felt strange. Going back to the place where I left pregnant, I knew was gonna make me feel all kinds of emotions. It definitely did. It was a real slow day, so even though I had my coworker there with me I still had quite a bit of time to be in my head thinking about how weird it felt to be there.
The fact that I had been pretty much alone in my house for the whole 5 weeks I was off work gave me a little bit of a hesitation about being put back into the work force again...with people. I'm learning that i've got to move forward with my life, and that the only way to do that is by presuming my life again. Going back to work, going to the gym, doing things that I used to do before all of this happened. One of the things that I have never been good at is letting go of things. I am awful at it, but i'm honestly trying to live day by day at this point to just make it through and try to be as positive as I can be. That's what i've got right now, and i've got to take hold of that. I may never get over what happened, but for Augustine, I am going to try to live a fulfulling and happy life for her because that is what she deserves.

1 comment:

Amir_Alexander said...

I love you my dear. You are such a STRONG woman.